Are you a Finance Director seeking a dynamic new challenge?
SASC is actively recruiting for a Finance Director to work side by side with the Social and Sustainable Capital management team, driving the business forward next year. If you are interested in bringing your expertise and experience to a role with purpose, we would love to hear from you.
We’re a fast-growing social investment fund manager with a commitment to empowering impactful social sector organisations through flexible financial solutions. At SASC, we’re passionate about placing social impact at the core of our investments.
About the role
Salary: £75,000 – £85,000 per annum
- Acting as a fund finance [manager] for a variety of fund structures and taking full ownership of the reported numbers compiled by the fund administrator ensuring information provided is accurate and that all deadlines are met.
- Working closely with Finance colleague in overseeing and managing the general partner finance accounts and activity.
- Lead review of the loan administration operating model and recommendations for improving processes and procedures and considering the merit of a third-party loan administrator. Depending on the review outcome, may include taking responsibility for loan administration activities going forward.
- Working closely with the Portfolio team, manage and co-ordinate the timely production and issue of quarterly investor reports and annual accounts.
- Managing investor drawdown and distributions and ensuring cash calls are paid and surpluses are returned in accordance with fund agreements.
- Ownership and oversight of all audit processes, setting audit timetables and ensuring that deadlines are met throughout the process.
- Oversight of production of management accounts, review of fund and GP financial statements at both draft and final stages ensuring that all are error free.
- Production of annual budget/business plan.
- Managing tax reporting obligations to ensure timely and accurate production of investor tax information packs.
- Initiating, documenting, and implementing, and maintaining robust controls, processes, and procedures where necessary
Key Skills Required:
- A qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) with demonstrable post qualified experience.
- Detailed understanding how funds and their structures operate.
- Good fund operational or financial background having worked in a PE, VC, or alternative fund manager preferable.
- Knowledge of private credit / alternative products and services.
- Excellent written English and clear verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised, attention to detail and able to work to the highest standards.
- Proactive, hardworking, and ambitious, a team player.
- Good interpersonal skills, interact professionally and confidently with investors, borrowers, and team members.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining flexible and willing to accept new challenges in a rapidly changing environment whilst remaining control orientated.
- Think strategically and tactically to design and implement process improvement ideas.
- This is an independent role requiring a capable and experienced professional with familiarity with finance activities, fund structures and documentation.
If you would like to apply for the position or discuss the role in more detail, please contact: Deepan.Sakthithasan@hanoversearch.com