As part of their ambitious growth plans, Social and Sustainable Capital (SASC), an award-winning UK fund manager and social enterprise, has expanded their team with several new appointments this year:
- Azmin Mistry joins as Finance and Operations Administrator from Westcor where she worked as a Commercial Business Analyst.
- Chloe Kopala joins as Investment Associate from Citi where she worked in equity research.
- Hannah Armstrong joins as Portfolio Associate from the National Treasury Management Agency in Dublin where she managed investments for the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund.
- Imtiyaz Basharat joins as Investment Manager from HSBC where he worked in leveraged finance.
- Lauren Rae joins as External Affairs Analyst bringing volunteer experience from US and UK-based roles including the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women.
Commenting on his new role, Imtiyaz said, “I’m excited to be joining SASC at such a pivotal time. I look forward to working as part of the investment team across SASC’s funds to support the growth of high performing social sector organisations which tackle critical issues affecting communities across the UK.”
Chloe said, “I’m delighted to join SASC at such an important time for charities and social enterprises, and to be working with a talented and dedicated team. I have found it fascinating to learn about the inspirational work of SASC’s borrowers.”
Other new recent appointments have included Adam Moy, Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel, Bernice Affat, Chief Portfolio Management Officer and Jorge Llorens, Investment Director.
Last year SASC secured investment from Zamo Capital to enable it to grow the team as it expands its activities, in particular its award-winning fund, Social and Sustainable Housing (SASH).
SASC approved £43.8m of new loans to 14 organisations in 2020. These latest appointments will support continued growth.
Ben Rick, Co-Founder and CEO of SASC said, “The last twelve months has given SASC the opportunity to increase its support for social landlords responding to the impact of the pandemic. These new hires come at a crucial time in SASC’s growth and development and we are delighted to have them all onboard.”
For media enquiries contact:
Kathryn Hughes, Kayak PR
Tel: 07801 823 839