Social and Sustainable Housing (SASH) was launched in May 2019.
SASH has two aims:
- To improve the lives of vulnerable individuals by increasing their access to safe, stable and appropriate housing.
- To make small to medium sized charitable organisations financially stronger, by allowing them to buy housing in a low risk way.
You can find more information about the fund here.
To be eligible for a loan, your organisation must be able to show the following:
- Registration as a charity or social purpose organisation
- Based and operating in the United Kingdom
- Delivering housing and support services to vulnerable individuals. These can include (but are not limited to) those fleeing domestic violence, children leaving care, ex-offenders, asylum seekers, people with complex mental health issues and people with addiction issues
- A track record of property and tenancy management
- Recognition of the value of home ownership to your organisation
- An unmet demand for housing for the vulnerable individuals you support
- Local property market knowledge
- Generating measurable social impact
- Annual income between £500,000 and £30 million
- Strong management and governance